Finding Joy In Simplicity
Since when did life get so complicated? What happened to the days of running wild and not worrying about anything? Even as we’ve gotten older, it’s still fun to remember the good old days and the simplicity of life (the one-phone household, no cell phones or answering machines, cars with roll-up windows).
You can still have that feeling with just a little effort. You can find the balance between joy and simplicity.
Daily life is stressful for most people (maybe you?) because they’ve booked themselves solid, run themselves ragged, and planned too many “to-dos” to keep up.
You don’t have to accept this as your fate, even if this is you.
You can easily change your daily path and get back to the basic simplicities of life with just a few small changes.
Spending your days catering to others doesn’t make sense when you can live your own joy first.
Stop the madness! Slow down and savor every moment with these strategies:
- Stop putting yourself on the back burner. Do you spend your time doing things for others and not doing anything for yourself?
For just a few moments (or a few hours) every day, do what you need and want to do for you. Smile at yourself in the mirror, tell yourself that you matter, and start your day with your thoughts and feelings in mind.
- Slow down and smell the roses, physically and mentally. Stop rushing through your day and missing out on all the little moments in life.
The moment you stop rushing and start appreciating is the moment you begin to notice all the things you’ve missed throughout the day.
- Read a book just for fun. Sometimes, being an adult means reading books and articles you don’t want to read. Instead, head to the local library and pick out a stack of books or magazines you want to read. When you have a book in hand you’re crazy about, reading becomes a whole new world.
- Expand your family with a puppy. Having a puppy is a great way to have a loving animal greet you daily and make you feel like everything you do is perfect. Puppies (who grow into dogs) provide a companionship that’s unmatched and unconditional. Plus, puppies give some of the best snuggles and kisses.
If dogs aren’t your favorite, having a pet of any kind can bring you many moments of simple joy.
- Allow yourself to say no. When you spend all day saying yes to others, it leaves nothing in your reserves for you. The time is now to start saying no and supporting your own needs. Your family and friends will get over this change and will more than likely understand.
Finding joy doesn’t have to take a lot of effort or time. You can quickly and easily improve your life with just a few simple changes.
Start by understanding what you’re missing in your life and then start factoring in what you need and want from there. Once you grasp it, you’ll find joy and happiness easily.
Allow yourself to fall in love with the idea that life is simple and wonderful. Your life holds so much joy if you let yourself see it.
Let’s talk about your life and where you want to see and feel more joy. Schedule a Joy-Q call today.
If you found today’s blog post to be exactly the type of inspiration and know-how you were looking for, we would be very grateful if you would help this post spread
by sharing the LOVE with it socially, emailing it to a friend, or dropping us a comment with your thoughts. We’re always interested in hearing from you and …
You never know whose life you might change.